WHAT IS VOC, VERIFICATION OF CONFORMITY
Our VOC programs ensure that shipments conform to local importing regulations.
Our Verification of Conformity programs are compulsory mechanisms imposed by Governments that involves checking imports before they are shipped in order to ensure that they meet the required quality and safety standards of the importing country.
This provides consumers everywhere to trust that the products they purchase are of sufficient quality and do not represent a risk to their health and safety, or to the environment.
In order to ensure product conformity, COTECNA combines:
- Document verification
- Sample collection for lab analysis
- Physical inspection to assess the conformity of each shipment
If conformity is established, COTECNA delivers a mandatory Certificate of Conformity (COC) recognized in the country of import. The certificate prevents the shipment from being rejected and allows importers to clear their goods efficiently.
ADVANTAGES OF A VOC PROGRAM
Conformity assessment programs provide numerous advantages for both Governments as well as exporters and importers.
Benefits for Governments
- Eliminates customs bottlenecks in importing country
- Reduces storage issues at ports
- Guarantees imported products are compliant with international & local standards
- Reinforces consumer safety
- Builds local customs competencies through training
- Ensures conformity with WTO Technical Barriers to Trade agreement
Benefits for Exporters / Importers
- Faster Customs clearance
- Reduces need for local laboratory analysis or additional testing
- Better consumer protection against dangerous, substandard or counterfeit products
- Protects local industry from unfair competition due to poor quality imports
COTECNA’s services to its government customers ensure that import tax revenue is based on the fair value of goods. Through our services, prohibited, restricted and controlled imports can be more readily detected. Below is an overview of our government contracts executed in the United States: